Workers’ Compensation FAQs

By Pyle Law, January 28 2020 2:48 pm


Put our experience and expertise to work for you in your personal injury, workers’ comp, or wrongful death case! We’re ready to fight for what you’re entitled to receive!

Workers’ Compensation FAQs

By Pyle Law, January 28 2020 2:48 pm
Workers’ Compensation FAQs

If you’ve been hurt on the job, you undoubtedly have questions that need answers. While the best way to get specific legal answers to your exact questions – as they relate to your case – is by consulting with an experienced Kansas Workers’ Compensation Attorney, answers to some of the most frequently asked basic questions can help. 

Do I have to Be Injured at Work for Workers’ Compensation to Apply?

No, you don’t have to be injured at work for workers’ compensation insurance to kick in. If your injury is related to your job, it should be covered. For example, if you are injured in a car accident while on a business trip, workers’ compensation should apply.

Is Every Work-Related Injury Covered?

While most injuries sustained on the job are covered by workers’ compensation, there are instances in which you probably won’t be covered. These can include:

  • If you were impaired by alcohol or illegal drugs at the time you were injured
  • If your injuries were self-inflicted
  • If your injuries were caused by conduct that violates company policy

Are Long-Term Health Issues Covered?

The injury you suffer doesn’t have to be a one-time event – such as a fall from a height – that leaves you seriously injured. Instead, it can be an injury or illness that is caused over time. Such health concerns can include repetitive stress injuries, chronic back pain, lung disease (from working in certain environments), heart conditions, and more. 

Does Workers’ Compensation Only Cover Medical Bills?

Workers’ compensation does cover the medical bills related to your diagnosis and treatment – for the injury or illness you sustained on the job – but the disability component also covers your lost wages. This typically amounts to about two-thirds of your salary. Depending upon the circumstances, rehabilitation and some other benefits may also be available.

Can I Seek Treatment from My Own Doctor?

While you can seek treatment from your own doctor, your workers’ compensation coverage has a cap on how much it will pay for treatment from a medical professional who isn’t authorized by workers’ compensation. Your health, however, is obviously far too important to leave to chance, and obtaining a second opinion and proceeding with a course of action that you believe is in the best interest of your health generally means working closely with an experienced Kansas workers’ compensation attorney. 

If I’m Injured on the Job, How Should I Proceed?

If you are injured on the job, your first priority should always be receiving the medical attention you need. Once that’s taken care of, inform your employer about the accident that led to your injury. Finally, gather all the pertinent information and evidence related to your accident and ensuing injury in support of your workers’ compensation claim. 

If You’ve Been Injured on the Job, You Need an Experienced Kansas Workers’ Compensation Attorney on Your Side 

Being injured on the job can be extremely difficult – and can even derail your future. Attorney Tom Pyle at Pyle Law in McPherson, Kansas, understands the inherent difficulty you’re facing and is here to help. Mr. Pyle is a dedicated workers’ compensation attorney who is committed to helping you obtain the compensation you need to reach your fullest recovery. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at (888) 381-1155 today.

Share our post


    • *
    • *
    • *
    • *
    • *

      All fields are required*