Maximizing your Workers’ Compensation Claim By Pyle Law, April 13 2020 11:10 am
If you’ve been injured on the job, you might be going through a difficult time, and obtaining the maximum compensation to which you are entitled is likely critical to your ability to achieve your fullest recovery. Accomplishing this, however, can be extremely complicated. The fact is that workers’ compensation insurance companies are in the business of maximizing profits by minimizing payouts. If you have a workers’ compensation claim, you owe it to yourself to work closely with an experienced Kansas workers’ compensation attorney.
Protecting Your Claim by Taking the Appropriate Steps
Every injury on the job is unique to the circumstances involved, but there are some basic steps you should take to protect your claim that apply across the board. These include:
- Seek the Medical Care You Need Immediately – If you’ve been injured on the job, your first concern should be obtaining the medical care you need. This is not only in the best interest of your health but also is in the best interest of your workers’ compensation claim. Further, even a seemingly minor injury can develop into something much more serious, and early diagnosis is closely associated with improved prognosis.
- Let Your Supervisor or Employer Know About Your Injury – It’s imperative that you notify your employer about your injury as soon as the accident happens as possible. This way, you establish how and when you were injured on the job.
- File Your Workers’ Compensation Claim – Upon notification of your accident and injury, your employer should provide you with an incident from that is to be filed with the workers’ compensation insurance company. It is critical that you file this form in a timely manner, but it’s also critical that it be correct and consistent. This is where working with an experienced Kansas workers’ compensation attorney begins to gain importance.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Advice Carefully – It’s very important that you follow the medical advice provided by your doctor. It’s important for your health, but it’s also important for your claim. By carefully following all medical directions, you demonstrate that you take your injury seriously and that the insurance provider should, too.
- Hire an Experienced Kansas Workers’ Compensation Attorney – The most important and proactive step you can take in maximizing your workers’ compensation claim is working closely with an experienced workers’ comp attorney. The road to a successful conclusion to a workers’ compensation claim can be paved with complications, but your attorney’s experience, skill, and commitment will help ensure that your case reaches its most positive resolution.
Consult with an Experienced Kansas Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured on the job, receiving the maximum compensation to which you are entitled is important to your recovery. The dedicated workers’ compensation attorneys at Pyle Law Firm in Kansas are committed to fighting for your rights and for your case’s best possible outcome. Our dedicated legal team is on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at (888) 381-1155 for more information today.